Why is it that for as much as you plan and organize, that the day you have a family function things always fall apart? This weekend was E's 1st Holy Communion, and since I rememberthe big shindig for mine, I wanted to give her the same experience.
So out went the invitations with the lilac flowers and scrolled writing, out came the china and silverware for 40 people for a dinner following her ceremony. I rearranged the furniture, spiffed up the deck, mowed the lawn, planned a meal and had a "to do" list that covered an entire page.
The day was bright and sun shiney... food was done, tables set, dress ironed, kids washed. And then it happened....
the sink clogs up while trying to dispose of the salad fixin's and green goo shoots out of my sink all over the counter. 15 minutes before we are to leave for church. Both sinks full of icky green sewer water and draining was not happening. So there I am trying to plunge out the sink to get the water moving, in my church outfit, trying not to cry as I look at 60 plates, glasses & silverware waiting to be used and that will eventually need washing.
tick, tock, tick , tock... no time to finish plunging, I needed to get E to the church for her formal pictures. so I just left it...
The communion went perfectly and all was well... until. The little Charlie man comes down with a fever during church and is cranky and tired.
So now I have a feverish and sick 5 year old, a clogged and backed up sink.... and 40 people headed to my house for dinner!
Well, in the end it all worked out. My fabulous cousin plunged the sink for me and got the water running, and my fabulous Mom cuddled and hugged Charlie until he fell asleep on the couch.
the party was lovely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment