So we are at a soccer game, 6:30pm on a Wednesday night. In order to keep the little one entertained, I bring a soccer ball to kick around with him. That lasts about 1/2 hour until he flops in the grass and proceeds to roll around for about 10 minutes.
When he is about 15 feet away from me, sprawled out in the grass on his back he yells (at the top of his lungs, so every parent within ear shot can hear)
"MOMMY, MOMMY... SAVE ME FROM THE ALLIGATOR GOOP ! THEY ARE EATING ME ALL UP... MOMMY, SAVE ME !"
Now, I'm not sure if you know, but when a small child yells "Mommy, Mommy, save me" while lying in the grass between two crowded soccer fields there will be many eyeballs looking to see where the calls of strife are coming from.
So off I go to save my little man from the alligator goop (aka: the grass)
and proceed to lay in the grass with him...
and let him tickle me with "fuzzy" blades of grass...
and tickle him with "fuzzy" blades of grass...
and listen to his squeals of laughter...
and think...
wow... I like this alligator goop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment