Last night I was sitting with the two little people eating spaghetti ,and I started singing the Meatball song. For those of you who don't know it: (sung to the tune of On Top of ol' Smokey)
On top of spaghetti, All covered with cheese,
I lost my poor meatball, When somebody sneezed.
It rolled off the table,And on to the floor,
And then my poor meatball,Rolled out of the door.
It rolled in the garden,And under a bush,
And then my poor meatball,Was nothing but mush. (it goes on, but I can't remember it)
ok.. so Elizabeth thought that was the MOST hilarious thing she had ever heard and giggles, and falling off her chair ensued.
Charlie... he just looked at me with a horrified look on his face, and then when I was done immediately started crying.
It took me by surprise that he was crying and I asked him what the matter was. Imagine my surprise when this was the answer I got:
"Momma, that is the SAAADEST song i've ever heard. That poor meatball.... his feelings were hurt. That wasn't very nice to be sneezed on and then rolled into the garden to get mushed!!!"....whaaaaaa, whaaaahh..... tears, and more tears. he cried for 1/2 hour.
It took all of my strength to hold in the giggles and smiles, to hug him, and assure him that the meatballs feelings were not hurt.
when he FINALLY stopped crying, he looks at me and says
"momma, next time we have pasta, can you please tell the meatballs you are sorry??"
yes Charlie.
sorry meatballs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment